Mental Health Support Worker HASI
Housing and Accommodation Support Initiative
UnitingCare Mental Health
&nbs p; Full time
Parramatta , Western Sydney NSW
Enhance your career development in this dynamic position with the Housing and Accommodation Support Initiative, a service of Uniting Care Mental Health. The program aims to assist people with severe and persistent mental illness to improve their quality of life and live successfully at an optimal level of independence in the community.
It is essential that applicants can demonstrate:
• understanding of psychiatric disabilities and their impact on clients and their families.
• ability in effective communication, both written and verbal.
• ability to work as a member of a cohesive team.
• ability to motivate and assist adults to participate in their daily activities.
• ability to liaise with other organisations/professionals who are involved in the client’s care.
• Demonstrated ability to create appropriate individual support plans for referred clients.
Uniting Care Mental Health is seeking applicants with Certificate 1V in Community Services or similar.
Applicants should hold a current drivers license and be computer literate in Windows Office programs.
Experience with working with clients with a mental illness is desirable.
Being agencies of the Uniting Church in Australia, applicants should have a genuine commitment to community service and a willingness to work within the Uniting Church values.
Applications close: 17th August 2012
Please email your resume and covering letter to: email@example.com
Please quote ref: HASIFT