Casual Mental Health Support Workers
&n bsp; Monday – Sunday
North West Sydney
Enhance your career development in this challenging and rewarding position with Uniting Care Mental Health. There are a number of full time day and night shift positions available based in the North West Sydney area. Shifts cover 24 hours : 0700-1500, 1500-2300 and 2300-0700 Monday through Sunday The program aims to assist in the ‘specialised’ care of a client with a physical disability and severe and persistent mental illness. The purpose is to improve the quality of life allowing the individual to live successfully at an optimal level of independence in the community.
It is essential that applicants can demonstrate:
• understanding of psychiatric and physical disabilities and their impact on client and their families.
• ability in effective communication, both written and verbal.
• ability to work as a member of a cohesive team.
• ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• ability to motivate and assist client to participate in their daily activities.
• ability to liaise with other organisations/professionals who are involved in the client’s care.
• Demonstrated ability to create and monitor appropriate individual support plans for care and needs of the client.
Uniting Care Mental Health is seeking applicants with Certificate IV in Community Services or similar. It would be desirable for applicants to have had previous experience in disability care or similar vocations.
Applicants should hold a current drivers license and be computer literate in Windows Office programs.
Experience with working with clients with a mental illness is desirable.
Being agencies of the Uniting Church in Australia, applicants should have a genuine commitment to community service and a willingness to work within the Uniting Church values.
Applications close: Friday, 17th August 2012
Please email your covering letter and resume to: email@example.com .
Please quote ref: SWD2D