Regional Nutrition Project Officer – Cancer Council\'s \'Eat It To Beat It\' program
- Would you like to help improve the health of your community?
- Part time position, 3 days per week, located in Wagga Wagga
- Ability to travel is a key requirement of this role.
The Cancer Council NSW is dedicated to defeating cancer by building a cancer smart community. We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Nutrition Project Officer to work with the communities of the South West of NSW to implement the Eat It To Beat It nutrition program. This contract is initially for 12 months and part of the 3 year program.
The Eat It To Beat It program is targeting parents of primary school aged children to increase their consumption and purchase of fruit and vegetables. The responsibilities of this role include the strategic planning and implementation of the program, partnership building, community engagement, volunteer management, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
Essentially, you will demonstrate:
• Tertiary qualifications in nutrition, public health/health promotion and/or community development or other relevant discipline
• Previous experience developing and coordinating health promotion programs
• Demonstrated ability to work with volunteers, local stakeholders and program partners to achieve successful program implementation and sustainability
• Well developed initiative, ability to work across different teams as well as work independently
• Effective project management skills - excellent analytical, critical appraisal and problem solving skills
Please note that the successful candidate will need to undertake a National Criminal History Check as a requirement for this specific role.
To view the remaining selection criteria, please visit: http://www.cancercouncil.com.au/?p=60261
To apply, send your application (addressing the selection criteria and quoting reference ‘SWS SWR 0812 RNPO’ ) to: email@example.com or fax (02) 8302 3509 by end of Friday 24th August 2012.
For further information please call Annemaree Binger, Regional Manager, South West Region on (02) 6937 2600.
The Cancer Council is the leading cancer charity in NSW and is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from people of Aboriginal descent are encouraged and welcomed.