Environment, Health and Safety Officer
Job ID: 107767
Job Family: Environment, Health and Safety
Location: Osborne Park, Western Australia
Mode of Employment: Permanent, full time
What are my responsibilities?
Siemens currently have an opportunity for an experienced Environment, Health and Safety Officer to join our Industry Sector based in Osborne Park, Western Australia. In this role you will assist and support the EHS manager in fulfilling recently initiated EHS projects and initiatives. You will carry out site audits and compliance checks on licenses, certificates, EHS programs and regulatory requirements. In addition, you will be required to set up and monitor safety systems and training and reporting. The vast majority of site work occurs on client sites and Siemens branches around Australia and possibly in PNG.
Therefore, the role requires travel and working closely with internal and external stakeholders
What will my key task be?
• Ownership of Project / Site / Branch EHS Audit programs. Compliance to safety and risk management plan and Corporate EHS compliance programs
• Ensure project identification, evaluation, management and reporting of EHS risks and opportunities
• Coordination of key EHS programs across the business
• Ensure business is moving towards Best Practice and Industry Leading position in regards to managing key risks
• Identifying and inspecting hazards and working out corrective measures for their elimination
• Preparing proposals for improving basic standards and observance of those standards
• Develop safety management plan and systems, compile EHS reports, assist with incident investigations and assist with tender processes
• Liaise with personnel at all levels from management to field staff on all matters relating to EHS
• Communicate and implement EHS framework and Management System
• Manage effective relationships and influence stakeholder involvement in EHS program, attend tool box, safety and Business Review meetings and provide information on all EHS matters
• Monitor, analyse, report and lead improvement of all areas of EHS, ensure competency requirements are identified and appropriate training is carried out
• Ensure any potential EHS issues are escalated to Management team and assist and train business units to deal with and tackle any EHS risks
• Enhance EHS culture by implementing Safety Leadership principles and assist business units with implementation of a KPI program
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Formal OH&S education with a Certificate 4 in Safety & Environmental as a minimum or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 5 years
• Adequate training in various safety procedures, regulations and compliance
• Extensive professional experience in supervision on sites and experience with site OH&S and Environmental matters
• Demonstrated experience in leading teams of site personnel. Must have EHS site/project/service track record and ability to create practical solutions as well as capacity to operate in a matrix/multinational environment
• Experience with working in different cultures at all levels of an organisation as well as experience with large international / multicultural teams and networks
• High level collaborative skills
• Ability to handle changing priorities and set priorities appropriately
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High level organisational and time management skills
• Quality and results oriented
How do I apply?
We look forward to receiving your informative application for potential further discussions. Please apply online by clicking on the below link.
If you have any questions, we would be happy to assist you: Please email your questions to email@example.com quoting job title and job ID in the subject heading (please note, no CV will be attended to on this email)