Senior PI Developer
- CBD Location
- 3 month contract with possible view for permanency
- SAP PI
Our client is a leading Australian organisation who is seeking a Senior SAP PI Developer to be responsible for the development, implementation, technology adoption and standards associated with the PI components of the SAP Netweaver technology stack. The position will be part of the SAP Development and Support Pool and will be required to perform production support, maintenance and project delivery roles.
Major Accountabilities of the role include:
- Participating in major and minor projects as the PI integration specialist to ensure PI development and configurations are completed according to standards and conventions
- Liaising with key stakeholders and the functional teams,
- Pro-actively carrying out administrator activities on SAP PI systems to ensure high availability and optimal performance at all times and provide documentation and undertake remedial actions as required,
- Being accountable for specialised Development activities to support the development lifecycle to meet business requirements,
- Creating development strategy and development plans,
- Converting functional specifications to technical specifications, and writing technical specifications for new interfaces as well as enhancements,
- Providing Level 2 support on all inbound/outbound SAP interfaces
- Active monitoring of PI interface queues, messages and alerts in all SAP systems,
- Developing and unit testing approved SAP ABAP and interface enhancements
To be considered for this role you must possess the following;
- At least 8 years working in large complex IT environments, with 4 or more years experience in development and support of SAP PI applications, preferably in PI 7.1 or above.
- Experience in at least 3 large scale SAP PI project implementation lifecycles.
- Proven experience working with complex multi-tier SAP landscapes for development and testing, including use of System Landscape Directory (SLD),
- Hands on experience in PI performance tuning, alert framework and Advanced Adapter Engine (AEX).
- Strong experience in PI Adapter configuration - JMS, SOAP, File Content Conversion and IDoc
- Technical hands on experience in working with complex message transformations and configurations, including XSL transformation, User Defined Functions and Java (DOM, SAX) mapping,
- Experience and/or knowledge in SOA, XML, web services etc.
- Functional experience and/or knowledge on SAP ERP (HCM, FI/CO), SAP SCM (EM) and SAP CRM will be advantageous.
- Good experience in ABAP Proxies,
- Strong experience and knowledge in Java, XSLT, XML Schema.
- Solid experience in supporting a large SAP production System environment.
- Proficient in debugging and troubleshooting SAP ABAP / PI programs.
- Experience in SAP ABAP programming is highly beneficial,
For more information you can call Avesia in our Melbourne office on (03) 9918 0970 quoting Job Reference 57103 or alternatively, apply online below