PETROLEUM, OILS AND LUBRICANTS REFUELLER
• Excellent opportunity to join a global Defence leader
• Aviation refueling focus, in support of Garrison Support Services contract
• Oakey, Queensland location
BAE Systems is Australia's largest defence company. Our 6,500 employees provide Australia's Army, Navy and Air Force and security customers with total capability.
Applications are now sought from experienced aviation refuellers for a key role within our Land and Integrated Systems team based in Oakey, Queensland. Reporting to the Logistics Services Manager, the Petroleum, Oils and Lubricants Refueller is responsible for delivering aviation fuel services to the customer in accordance with Defence and BAE Systems' procedures. This includes operating manual handling equipment, preparing and adhering to safety, health and environment policies and procedures.
This interesting full time role will see you:
• Operating logistics support, petroleum and machinery/equipment
• Undertaking delivery, receipt and transfer of aviation fuel stock
• Operating and handling fuel equipment relating to fuel tankers
• Preparing or processing stores documents and maintaining records
• Conducting appropriate testing and quality maintenance activities
• Providing support and guidance to staff on safety, health and environment matters
• Working closely with Defence and other related stakeholders
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
• Previous experience in a similar role involving refuel/defuel of aircraft (military preferred)
• Current unrestricted Heavy Rigid drivers licence
• Demonstrated experience in handling dangerous goods and materials
• Well-developed computer skills
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Ability to work within rostered shifts, as required
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
Whilst not essential, a dangerous good licence is preferred and experience with Fuel Manager System and fuel quality control procedures will be highly regarded.
To meet defence security requirements, applicants must be Australian citizens or eligible for citizenship.
We offer excellent remuneration together with outstanding development opportunities. With competitive salaries and wages, support for training and development, generous benefits, a genuine focus on diversity and family friendly, flexible work practices, consider BAE Systems for your next career move.
Applications should be addressed to Alexandra Van Den Brink, HR Advisor - Recruitment
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.