ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER - DEFENCE UPGRADES
• Join the leading Defence company in Australia
• Two unique and exciting opportunities exist supporting the Royal Australian Navy
• Henderson, Western Australia location
BAE Systems is Australia's largest defence company. Our 6,500 em ployees provide Australia's Army, Navy and Air Force and security customers with total capability.
Applications are now sought from appropriately experienced professionals for key roles within our Maritime business located in Henderson (Perth), Western Australia. Working within the Defence Repairs section, the Assistant Project Managers will be are responsible for ensuring that the technical, cost and schedule goals associated with assigned project tasks are achieved in accordance with contractual and company requirements in order to deliver the required business goals.
Key duties will include, but will not be limited to:
• Ensuring that the project team achieves the required performance in terms of schedule, budget and technical requirements.
• Ensuring that products and services delivered as part of a project provide customer satisfaction.
• Providing specialist leadership within the project team under the general guidance of the Program Manager to execute the contract.
• Assisting with the supplier/subcontract discussions in accordance with the strategic guidance of the Program Manager to execute the contract.
• Supporting the Project Manager to build and maintain customer relationships and be a focal point for customer contact.
• Providing direction to motivate and ensure the performance of the project team on a daily basis.
As an ideal applicant, you will have:
• Ample experience in a similar role.
• A post trade or degree qualification in a relevant field.
• An ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas to shape and implement business requirements.
• An ability to negotiate with and influence internal and external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships.
To meet defence security requirements, applicants must be Australian citizens.
We offer excellent remuneration together with outstanding development opportunities. With competitive salaries and wages, support for training and development, generous benefits, a genuine focus on diversity and family friendly, flexible work practices, consider BAE Systems for your next career move.
Applications should be addressed to Stephen Charlton, HR Advisor – Recruitment.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.