ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH OFFICER
$54,810 to $68,511 pa
An excellent opportunity exists for an Environmental Health Officer to assist in the maintenance of health related functions, programmes and projects that ensure a high standard of environmental and public health is achieved and maintained throughout the City.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing a geographical area within the City, including food premises & public buildings
- Dealing with public health and housing complaint investigations
- Ensuring compliance with local and state laws
- Assisting in regular duties pertaining to food & pool sampling
- Assessment and inspection of on-site waste water disposal systems
- Noise monitoring and responding to complaints
- Opportunities to support the City’s Environmental Officer-Light Industry
- Providing specialist advice to the public and industry on public and environmental health matters
- Promoting a culture of ongoing continuous quality improvement and the effective and efficient use of resources.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- A passion for delivering quality service to the community
- Possession of a qualification deemed suitable by the Executive Director of Public Health for appointment as an Environmental Health Officer under the Health Act 1911 as amended
- Strong team work ethic
- Good oral and written communication skills
- A desire to develop your skills and progress your career.
This role offers a secure and rewarding career opportunity where you will have the ability to grow and expand your knowledge whilst working within a supportive team.
Applications close Monday 6 August 2012