Sandvik is seeking skilled and enthusiastic candidates to apply for the current vacancy in Orange for an EHS Coordinator. The role is responsible for working with Sandvik’s EHS Management System, Safety & Environmental program, and with the goal of Zero Harm, ensuring that employees are equipped to work within a safe, healthy, accident-free work environment.
Key performance areas
- Adhere to all Sandvik Mining and Construction Policies & Procedures, and provide proactive and visible safety leadership in all daily activities.
- Ensure the quality of incident reporting, database entries, focusing on providing feedback to reporters to assist them in understanding the requirement.
- Schedule workplace inspections and retain records.
- Monitor the progress of reported incidents, investigations and action close outs in the EHS reporting system.
- Assist and/or facilitate in accident/incident investigations.
- Ensure site compliance with the Sandvik EHS Management System.
- Assist with the local return to work/rehabilitation process.
- Maintain the sites EHS Training matrix and EHS system / Directory.
To be successful in this role you will preferably have OHS&E qualifications, and a Certificate III in training and assessment. Exposure to safety management systems employed by major mining/exploration/manufacturing organisations would be a distinct advantage.
You will have well developed computer skills, excellent communication skills, and you must be able to communicate and influence a range of employees at different levels throughout the company to facilitate environmental improvement.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a EHS Officer or Administrator role, and return to work and workers compensation experience would be well regarded.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Agencies need not apply.
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik website www.sandvik.com/career.
Applications close: 13th August 2012
Job Reference No: 315689
Int Ref: KN
Sandvik is an employer of choice and are truly focused on safety. Employees are offered attractive remuneration packages (employee assistance program, rewards for length of service and salary sacrificing opportunities). In addition, you will receive quality personal development and training.