- Great long term career opportunity
- High safety standards and excellent working conditions
- Apply your technical and trade skills in a role with GrainCorp
Boiler maker / Fitter - Yarrawonga
Apply your technical and trade skills in a role with GrainCorp, Australia's largest agribusiness. With three key operations, grain handling, malting and flour milling , we're at the forefront of a rapidly developing industry. We employ over 2,000 people to help support rural Australia's agricultural industry and we're also investing in our own people, giving them the tools and skills to grow themselves.
About the role
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor the primary responsibility of this role is to maintain and upgrade existing grain handling equipment for the Marong East Zone in Victoria. Day-to-day responsibilities include mechanical repairs, maintenance & adjustments to silo plant, equipment and delivery systems; fault finding and repairs on hydraulic and pneumatic systems and preventative maintenance. In addition, you will have the opportunity to suggest modifications and methods of repair and to work on major maintenance and engineering projects when required.
- Applicants should have an appropriate Trade Certificate along with DLI welding tickets or equivalent
- Strong industrial experience as a Maintenance Welder/Boiler Maker or Diesel Mechanic (Trade Certificate required)
- Experience with development, pipe and chute work, workshop press and guillotines, gantry cranes, hydraulics, pneumatics, competent at reading detailed drawings
- Experience with heavy mobile equipment - Front End Loaders, Bob Cats, Conveyors and Grain handling equipment
- Hold a current VIC driver's licence/medium rigid truck licence
- A sound understanding of computerised maintenance programs
- The ability to work at heights and in confined spaces that exist within silo complexes is required
- Availability to work extended hours during harvest periods is a must (please note that we are unable to accommodate leave during this period November to end of December).On-the-job training will be provided on specific grain industry techniques
GrainCorp offers all the support you'd expect from a community-focused employer, with high safety standards, excellent working conditions, the opportunity to work locally and additional living allowances. Plus you'll also enjoy an environment that's more like a family than a business, with a high level of camaraderie amongst a diverse group of employees.
Grow your career with us!
GrainCorp is committed to improving employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.